In the state of Karnataka, particularly in Bangalore, the Khata certificate is an essential document used for tax payments and property-related transactions. It contains important property details required for property owners within the state, and it comes in two categories: A Khata and B Khata. Here’s the difference between A Khata and B Khata:
1. A Khata:
- Issued for Legal Properties: A Khata is issued to legal properties that comply with all building bylaws, taxation norms, and government regulations.
- Easier for Transactions: Having an A Khata makes the process of applying for a home loan, obtaining building plans, and obtaining an Occupation Certificate easier.
2. B Khata:
- Issued for Violation Properties: B Khata is issued to properties that are in violation of building bylaws and government norms and have pending property tax dues to be cleared.
- Temporary Certificate: It is considered a temporary certificate, and properties with B Khata status need to be converted to A Khata by paying betterment charges or conversion fees to the concerned authorities.
In addition to A Khata and B Khata, there’s also a category called E Khata, which refers to a certificate issued online. Property owners can use E Khata to clear their property tax dues online.
Bangalore’s Perspective: In Bangalore, the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP), the city’s municipal corporation, had to levy taxes on all properties, including those considered “illegal” due to the lack of relevant property documents. The separate account created for this purpose was termed B Khata.
Many builders in Bangalore tend to deviate from the original building plan by constructing more floors than approved. This leads to many properties in Bangalore being categorized as B Khata because they haven’t been issued a completion or occupancy certificate.
How to Convert B Khata to A Khata: To convert a B Khata property to an A Khata property, follow these steps:
- Gather all the relevant documents required for Khata registration along with the common application form.
- Pay the BBMP Betterment Charges, which is a fee specifically levied for the conversion of B Khata to A Khata.
- Submit the filled-in form along with tax receipts and documents to the Assistant Revenue Officer of the area to get your property assessed.
- After assessment, clear any pending property tax dues.
- You will then receive the A Khata extract issued in your name.
Having an A Khata is important for establishing legal ownership of the property, obtaining bank loans, and accessing civic benefits. It’s essential to follow the correct procedures and comply with the authorities’ requirements for the conversion.
#Furnishedofficespaceinbangalore #Retailspaceforrentinbangalore #Officespaceforrentincentralbangalore #Commercialofficespaceinbangalore #Coworkingspacebangalore #ServicedofficesBangalore #OfficespacenearCunningham Road #OfficespacenearInfantryRoad #OfficespacenearLavelleRoad #OfficespacenearmgRoad #Furnishedofficesonrent#Bangalorerealestate #Bangaloreapartments #Bangaloreinvestments #Bangaloredevelopers #Propertyforsaleinbangalore #Landforsaleinbangalore #bangaloreapartmentsforent #Apartmentsforrentincentralbangalore #bangaloreapartments #Bangalorevillas #Bangalorevillaplots #Bangalorehouses #Warehousespaceinbangalore #Factoryspaceinbangalore #Warehousespaceforrentinbangalore #Factoryspaceforrentinbangalore #Industrialspaceforrentinbangalore #WarehousespaceiTumkurRoad #WarehousespaceinHoskote #Warehousespaceinbommasandra #Warehousespaceinpeenya#WarehousespaceinWhitefeild #Furnishedofficebangalore #officespaceforrentindiranagar #officespaceforrentkoromangala #Officespaceforrentinbangalore